Discover Kalispell | April 8, 2022
Glacier Park released information on Friday about the vehicle reservation system (formally known as entrance tickets) which begins May 27th. I have attached the release for your review and have summarized a few of the most important points:
CLICK HERE FOR FULL PRESS RELEASE (.PDF)
* GNP announced that vehicle reservations, formerly known as entrance tickets, will be required to access the Going-to-the-Sun Road and the North Fork/Polebridge park entrance station between May 27 to September 11, 2022.
* Vehicle reservations can be made on Recreation.gov beginning 8am MST on March 2, 2022. Reservations will be released 120-days in advance on a rolling window. Beginning May 26 additional vehicle reservations will be made available the day before the effective date (24 hours in advance).
* GTSR vehicle reservations are valid for three days and required at West Glacier, Camas Road and Rising Sun (see below). Reservations are required between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
* North Fork/Polebridge park entrance station vehicle reservations are valid for one day. Reservations are required between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
* New this year, a vehicle reservation will not be required at the St. Mary Entrance. Once snow removal and road preparations are complete and GTSR opens to vehicle traffic to Logan Pass, vehicle reservations will be required starting at the Rising Sun area, located 5 miles west of the St. Mary Entrance, through September 11, 2022.
* In addition to a vehicle reservation for the GTSR and the North Fork/Polebridge entrance station, all visitors must have a valid park pass. Park passes can be purchased on Recreation.gov or at the entrance gates.
* A vehicle reservation is not required for the Many Glacier, Two Medicine, Cut Bank or Chief Mountain highway areas but visitors to those areas of the park are still required to present a valid park pass.
We have updated our blog https://discoverkalispell.com/blog/visiting-montanas-glacier-national-park-in-2022-heres-what-you-need-to-know and will be communicating this news on Discover Kalispell social media, newsletters and through the visitor center.
I encourage you to fully read the attached press release and blog https://discoverkalispell.com/blog/visiting-montanas-glacier-national-park-in-2022-heres-what-you-need-to-know . Let me know if you need additional information or clarification in anticipation of questions you'll receive from guests.
Published on 4/12/2022 (1 years 175 days ago) Recreation